Portsmouth Independent Support (IS)
Portsmouth Independent Support (Portsmouth IS) provides support and advice to parents, children and young people 0-25 years with SEND(Special Educational Needs and disabilities) on the conversion to the new Education, Health and Care Plans.
Independent Supporters are trained supporters with local knowledge and experience available to you as a parent of a child/young person (0-25) and/or the young person themselves if they are aged between 16 and 25.
IS will offer specific, impartial, confidential support to parents and young people through the introduction of the new assessment process and the development of their EHC plans.
What does an IS do?
- Act as a named contact person for you the parent and/or the young person
- Liaise with local services to help gather the information required for an EHC plan.
- Provide information on personal budgets.
- Signpost to the ‘Local Offer’ and the Portsmouth Information, Advice and Support Service IASS
How will IS do this?
- We will meet with you at a time and place to suit you
- We will help you to understand the process
- We will agree a way of working with you and record it for you
- We will help you to meet deadlines and keep you on track
How to contact us
- Website: http://www.portsmouthis.org.uk
- Phone: 0330 6600 925